It all started in 2006...
It all started in 2006, when Luke, a software engineer in Kampala saw a nascent fintech space opening up in sub-Saharan Africa. Mobile phone penetration was increasing at a staggering pace, and a Kenyan firm called Safaricom was announcing the development of a new product called MPESA - a way to send and receive cash from any feature phone. Burgeoning tech, finance, and infrastructure sectors were intersecting with the youngest, fastest growing populations and economies in the world. Beyonic was established to support the growth of enterprises born out of ...
Who we are
- Luke Kyohere Founder, Executive Chairman & CTO
- Carina Rumberger Chief Executive Officer
- Grace Kemigisha Finance Manager
- Jerry Shikanga Software Engineer
- Manase Geofrey Business Manager, Tanzania
- Stanley Mwangi Senior Software Engineer
- Victor Gichohi Software Engineer
- Beth Moni Customer Success Associate
- Maureen Kavuma Business Development
- Ian Mubiru Head of Partnerships and Uganda Country Director
- Eunita Nyengo Sales and Customer Success Associate
- Nick Hargreaves Technical Director
- Doreen Lukandwa Director, Marketing and Customer Success
- Brian Mugisa Sales Associate
- Cecilia Wachira Technical PM and Quality Assurance Lead
- Concepta Nakajooga Customer Success Specialist
- Kelsay Cox Product Manager
- Assumpta Nabatanzi Administrator
- Kingsley Ndiewo Technical Support Engineer
- Edgar Amon Tanzania Sales Director
- Beryl Kunga Kenya Sales Manager
What We Do & Why
Payments are hard
Payments are hard. Especially in emerging markets, and particularly in the last mile. There are a lot of things to get right, a lot of things to maintain. This is where our customers are, and where we work...
Payments are important
And yet payments are part of life. Access to easy, safe payments helps us explore new opportunities, improves our health and livelihoods, leads to better education, cleaner energy ... a brighter future.
They can be easier
This is what we do. Our mission is to makes last-mile digital payments in emerging markets easy, freeing our clients to focus on making their businesses and communities thrive.
Designed for and in E. Africa
Since 2006, Beyonic has been helping businesses and organizations in E. Africa use technology to meet their goals. Today, we provide a simple, easy payments platform designed in and for emerging economies to enable clean, safe, transparent cashless management of project and enterprise budgets.
We strive to listen
We're excited when we see all the ways in which our customers use Beyonic. From managing payroll to petty cash, collecting prepaid energy fees or insurance premiums, paying ride-sharing drivers or disbursing aid. We're happy when you're happy.
The One Wallet vision
This is our vision - a world where our customers have access to one wallet. One balance, one platform one simple, cashless payment solution.
Once a month, four staff members used to drive up to 700 km with thousands of dollars in cash... Switching to Beyonic saved us a whopping 70% of monthly operational costs.Tom Oketch Finance Manager, Save The Children
We used to move cash from our main office to our field agents & farmers. This was dangerous and lengthy. Beyonic ensures that we can pay our farmers directly on their mobile phones, making transactions faster, safer, more reliable and fairer than before.Jenny Rafanomezana CEO, TruTrade
Probably the simplest API we've tested. And we have tested lots. Everything was straightforward and super easy to implement.Stone Atwine CEO, Redcore Interactive
We're sold! This has been our most successful recruitment yet! Using Beyonic is a no-brainer ...Angelica Towne Country Director, Educate!